Goromorg Temple I gate puzzle

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
abstractcolors215

Goromorg Temple I gate puzzle

Post by abstractcolors215 »

I cannot progress in this game. I am on Level 9, Goromorg Temple I. I'm in the puzzle room after using the portals in the Outer Sanctum. There's a gate with a floor switch on the other side. I'm supposed to throw something through the gate so it lands on the floor switch so the gate will open. I've encountered these kinds of puzzles before in the game but with this one, when I attempt to throw something through the gate, it doesn't pass through. It remains on the same side I am. Can anyone tell me why this is, and what I can do to throw it onto the floor switch? I can't play any further until I can do this. Thank you.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Goromorg Temple I gate puzzle

Post by Dr.Disaster »

It's not possible to throw something through a gate, never and nowhere in the entire game. However placing something is.
Komag

Post by Komag »

You have to click down low. If you click too high it will throw and land on your side. If you click low, you "reach through the bars" and place item on floor on other side
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
abstractcolors215

Thank you for the help!
abstractcolors215

Komag wrote:You have to click down low. If you click too high it will throw and land on your side. If you click low, you "reach through the bars" and place item on floor on other side
Thank you for the help!