(Spoilers) Toorum was here.

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Firing

Re: (Spoilers) Toorum was here.

Post by Firing »

Amazing :D
SpoilerShow
I release Toorum's body but the file isn't in LOG directory (I play the steam version)

OK i see it: Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock
nianu

Post by nianu »

just finished with Toorum.
SpoilerShow
the ending still shows four prisoners and progresses normally. it would have been cool if he had his own ending or at least had been depicted by himself instead of the 4 prisoners. still fun and interesting :D
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
steelsoldier

Post by steelsoldier »

SpoilerShow
Out of curiosity, can you still find Toorum´s remains with Toorum?
nianu

Post by nianu »

SpoilerShow
nope. that room looks the same, minus his remains. and going inside doesn't kill him lol i went in for the axe
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
gnujosh

Post by gnujosh »

What was your final level? What was the hardest part with just 1 char... the fighter's challenge?
Disasterrific

Post by Disasterrific »

SpoilerShow
Doing it on hard, pretty tough work, I figured he liked axes so going down that route and finding some success. Any 2v1 situation he still tends to get shredded if he gets cornered, might help to get the heavy armour...
riptide

Post by riptide »

You also don't have to finish the game and unlock the achievement to get to play with Toorum. Just create the text file and its content in the save directory then start a new game the way you usually would to get Toorum. It'll work, tested it myself.
Saice

Post by Saice »

Disasterrific wrote:
SpoilerShow
Doing it on hard, pretty tough work, I figured he liked axes so going down that route and finding some success. Any 2v1 situation he still tends to get shredded if he gets cornered, might help to get the heavy armour...
Doing that myself only
SpoilerShow
I'm going more of a mix bag. I want to get fire up to the sheild then yeah axes and armor for me.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Zorglub

Post by Zorglub »

Meh. Tried it, don't like it. Combat takes too long with only one character, and is less difficult as you can take your time. Boring. I prefer short and frantic combats where you have to maximise your actions while strafing. Much more exiting.

Oh well, to each his own, I guess.
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

riptide wrote:You also don't have to finish the game and unlock the achievement to get to play with Toorum. Just create the text file and its content in the save directory then start a new game the way you usually would to get Toorum. It'll work, tested it myself.
I've tried myself and couldn't make it to work. Maybe there is a difference among the Steam and the GoG (the one I have) versions? Or could it be an issue of the patched LoG version?