To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
notchris

To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

Post by notchris »

Let's talk about what happened!
SpoilerShow
WHAT THE HELL!? A GIANT CUBEY MAN!?
Not quite what I was expecting but still pretty awesome.
What did you guys think?
Poomermon

Re: To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

Post by Poomermon »

Well my thoughts were at that moment:
SpoilerShow
Well that is new... Oh wait. Oh god it is coming straight at me!
afterwards I thought
SpoilerShow
The boss was pretty well done and fits the tile based gameplay.
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

SpoilerShow
Kinda already figured the thing talking to you in your dreams was some evil machine (gears and all) . When I was asked to gather items for the teleporter I honestly thought I was doing so though. Figured the evil machine guy would come out and I'd have to stop him from leaving or something. That a huge cube would come rolling was a real shock, but also awesome :P
Also, any of you guys do the achievement "buddies with toorum". I can't figure that one out.
Kapaneus

Post by Kapaneus »

SpoilerShow
The cube itself was a bit strange (and really unexpected ;) ) but the fight was great. IMO the best boss fight for a long time, especially compared to Skyrim where the fight was far to easy and boring.
Until the end I expected one of this Illithid-like guys to be the boss because all the statues looked like them. But ok, maybe that would have been to obvious. :mrgreen:

But there is one negative point: I got stuck in the tomb of designers when I tried to get the second key. I had no stones, knifes or anything else I could throw so I hat to load an older savegame where I hat not started the fight. Maybe thats a bug or I didn't see something on the floor.
brodyboo

Post by brodyboo »

I....
SpoilerShow
panicked when I found it was a robot gear cube since I had low hp on all 4 of my guys while mobs were chasing me round and round. I was expecting it to be Toorum or some type of creature i had to fight. Just from playing other games like Amnesia and the previous games that company made, from experience of people talking to you all game long you don't see, I kind of had the feeling I was going to have to fight whoever it was that was talking to me.
All in all.
SpoilerShow
I am extremely impressed, and pleased with this game, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I only wish there was a little more story with explainations in it, but hey thats what sequels are for ;) I also wish, now that I beat it, without having to start the game over again, because all my saves are on the last part where I am locked in gear cube room, that I could still play and go back and get all the treasures and find more secrets
2Xmatch

Post by 2Xmatch »

SpoilerShow
I expected the thing that was talking to me to be evil(at first i thought it was Toorum :D ); but a giant CUBE??? never saw that coming haha..until i saw it rolling that is(pun intended)...And it's so damn fast
SpoilerShow
I found Toorum's remains and actually finished the game with them in my inventory, but i didn't get the achievement :? :? no idea what i would have to do to get it.
Last edited by 2Xmatch on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brodyboo

Post by brodyboo »

where did you find?
SpoilerShow
toorum's remains?
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

SpoilerShow
I found Toorum's remains and actually finished the game with them in my inventory, but i didn't get the achievement :? :? no idea what i would have to do to get it.
[/quote]
Wheeeeere!?
2Xmatch

Post by 2Xmatch »

brodyboo wrote:where did you find?
SpoilerShow
toorum's remains?
SpoilerShow
I think i found them on level 11(not sure about what level it is, but here is a description) there are 2 ornate keys you need to collect to open a door.
There are 2 rooms each with one key.

Toorum's remains are in the room to the left(caves i think it's called) there is a lever puzzle there and some notes from him, one of them tells how he is searching for food.
There is a secret there in which you can find Toorum's remains.
The other room has the key on an altar and when you take it some tentacles spawn in the grates and also some monks spawn.In that room there are also 2 dragon statues
Also
SpoilerShow
Because all the Storyline happens while you sleep, what happens if you don't sleep the whole game?? so you don't see any dreams what so ever??? :D
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

2Xmatch wrote:
brodyboo wrote:where did you find?
SpoilerShow
toorum's remains?
SpoilerShow
I think i found them on level 11(not sure about what level it is, but here is a description) there are 2 ornate keys you need to collect to open a door.
There are 2 rooms each with one key.

Toorum's remains are in the room to the left(caves i think it's called) there is a lever puzzle there and some notes from him, one of them tells how he is searching for food.
There is a secret there in which you can find Toorum's remains.
The other room has the key on an altar and when you take it some tentacles spawn in the grates and also some monks spawn.In that room there are also 2 dragon statues
Also
SpoilerShow
Because all the Storyline happens while you sleep, what happens if you don't sleep the whole game?? so you don't see any dreams what so ever??? :D
SpoilerShow
I didn't sleep for the first four or five levels, didn't know about the dream thing. Suddenly I got like three in a row when I slept, so yeah, I think it's possible at least until the last part.
Any other hint for the remains? Been through the caves several times, gotten the frost-mace-thing and the shield etc, never found any remains. Was it close to the lever puzzle or closer to the entrance? Or down the pits?