To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
dajbozerozum

Re: To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

Post by dajbozerozum »

Ah! Finally made it.

Party was:
SpoilerShow
- Human fighter: 13 lvl (Armors: 25, Swords 38, Best weapon: Cutlass),
- Minotaur fighter: 13 lvl (Armors: 17, Atheltics: 10, Axes: 22, Best weapon: Ancient Axe),
- Human mage: 13 lvl (Fire magic: 32, Spellcraft: 18, Best weapon: Zhandul`s orb),
- Lizardman Rogue: 13 lvl (Throwing weapons: 50, Best weapon: Shuriken + Throwing Axe).
At the end of game I was able to took down any enemy. Unfortunatley lack of patient and I hadn't collected every tresure etc., etc. Good game.
Ashtray

Post by Ashtray »

I think all puzzles were ok, althought too easy.. f.ex. that level 10 lever puzzle was waaaay too easy because there was that "check the pillars" note.

That level 3 "anticlockwise rotating teleporters" puzzle was most difficult for me :oops: , it took ~15 minutes to figure out, all others were obvious and needed more reflexes than thinking. Ofcourse I haven't solved all secrets yet !

Ending was kind of ok , (wow, is it GLaDOS's evil brother) althought I usually don't like very much these Might and Magic 1 style plot twists which turn fantasy into scifi.

In the end I was left with feeling that I want more :D , luckily I can ofcourse first hunt all those secrets and treasures and hopefully that level editor is ready sooner than later.

Good job Almost Human, Thank You.
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

WOOO, i finally managed to kill the bugger on the pressure plate he starts on, i was well chuffed =D
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...
stage

Post by stage »

sevtai wrote:WOOO, i finally managed to kill the bugger on the pressure plate he starts on, i was well chuffed =D
I just have to ask :)
SpoilerShow
what difference does it make if you kill him on the starting location? (or if u stand there when you do...) Does it make different ending? :) On mine after killing him I saw how my heroes escape and then the mountain blew up
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

Well i cant comment on standing there when hes defeated yourself, but when he is dead on his pressure plate,
SpoilerShow
I was really expected something different different to happen, Alas i just got the same end game movie =[
SpoilerShow
A personal achievement non the less =D
stage

Post by stage »

hehe thanks for reply :D
SpoilerShow
but i do wonder what that pressure plate is for
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

SpoilerShow
Well i figured it was holding the mountain together, and after kill cube starts moving the mountain starts to break apart, until you kill him and its just to much and the mountain explodes, so perhaps killing him there would keep it together, but no, a shame
Its probally...
SpoilerShow
The trigger for enemies to start spawning, once the pressure plate is lifted, enemys start to appear
Devil

Post by Devil »

Additionally Sevtai
SpoilerShow
It might control the teleport to tomb of the designers
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

SpoilerShow
Ahh yes ofcourse, i always forget about that teleport =p
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

woohoo just finished it on Normal. I think what happens near the end is very clever and I didn't expect it at all. Great work Almost Human!! ;)