To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
2Xmatch

Re: To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

Post by 2Xmatch »

SpoilerShow
the entrance on a pillar like formation as in a wall group that can be circled around, it's on the side towards the levers
syllogism

Post by syllogism »

Regarding the achievement
SpoilerShow
If you use the remains on a life crystal, toorum gets resurrected and you get your achievement. Unfortunately he doesn't actually get resurrected near you and you don't actually get to see or talk to him
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

2Xmatch wrote:
SpoilerShow
the entrance on a pillar like formation as in a wall group that can be circled around, it's on the side towards the levers
Blargh
SpoilerShow
Can't find anything on two pillars next to the levers, and the only secret door I know there is the one to the basement/pits level. We are talking about a hidden button here? Why do I not seeeee it.
2Xmatch

Post by 2Xmatch »

SpoilerShow
It's in the caves not the pits, it's in there, look harder haha and it is closer to the exit to the pits than to the levers from what i remember
Damn. Thanks for the info :> will do in my next playtrough
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/araziel/sc ... 6742948279
SpoilerShow
pillar/lever puzzle behind me, this is what is in front. no secret buttons anywhere I can tell. Goddammit. I can't sleep until I save that note-scribbling sob :/
Devil

Post by Devil »

Finally found it, damn I looked everywhere
SpoilerShow
Looking at the map, find the entrance to the caves - go left a bit to the first pit you see, one square north is the button to open the wall
The wall is located 4 steps east of the same pit.
As a side note, is there a way of telling how many secrets you've found?
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

This the spot?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/araziel/sc ... 6743209380
Cause I still don't find anything...

Also, pressing Esc and choosing statistics shows you secrets etc.
2Xmatch

Post by 2Xmatch »

post a screenshot of your map window, maybe i can mark it from memory, i started a new game and don't have the old saves
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

Sorry playing oldschool, but thanks for the offer ;)
But
SpoilerShow
it's inside the caverns area? I can't believe I've missed it. Been around the whole area like 10 times now checking each and every wall.
CV77

Post by CV77 »

I seriously thought that was the best boss fight in a long long time and creativity/surprise wise certainly one of the best ever.

Those Finns should show Bethesda or Bioware how a truly epic boss fight should look like :)

Btw, only 51/71 found? Damn, I thought I looked everywhere! I know I didn't do the fighter's challenge coz I couldn't open that damn door and I left much of Level 11 (The Tomb) kindda unexplored (yeah I know it says on one of the notes it's sealed but still there were some grates I couldn't open).

Also - 0/7 Treasures found? What the hell? What's that supposed to mean? I haven't found any "Treasure"? What's that?

All in all, a delightful indie game, absolutely worth every penny. Yes, there are more sophisticated, complex and engaging RPGs today but dungeon crawler can still hold its own and hasn't lost its magic :)

Well done, Almost People. Keep the good work.