1.1.4 Patch Progress

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Villith

Re: 1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by Villith »

petri wrote:- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
This is pretty much what I was coming here to suggest, glad to see it is already in the works.

Also, having multiple icons for the map notes would be nice. Looking at my map and just seeing "N"s everywhere is not the same as seeing a key icon for keys, or some other small handful of icons to differentiate one note from another. At the very least, multiple color choices for our "N"s would be nice.
resonansER

Post by resonansER »

Villith wrote:
petri wrote:- borderless windows are no longer topmost
This is pretty much what I was coming here to suggest, glad to see it is already in the works.

Also, having multiple icons for the map notes would be nice. Looking at my map and just seeing "N"s everywhere is not the same as seeing a key icon for keys, or some other small handful of icons to differentiate one note from another. At the very least, multiple color choices for our "N"s would be nice.
In my opinion, very useful options for notice on map. I support this post.
Ashtray

Post by Ashtray »

petri wrote: - pressing ESC closes character sheet
How about space bar ? If you press space, last open character sheet opens, if you press again, character sheet closes.
My left hand thumb is doing nothing atm and it just said to me that it is little sad because of it can't help me with LoG :cry:
petri

Post by petri »

Back to work!
casedeck

Post by casedeck »

cokebottle wrote:
casedeck wrote:Here's another interface (keys) suggestion: make the tilde key (leftmost in the top row, beside "1", under Esc) close the character/inventory window. For players controling the party via keyboard this would help a lot, even easier to quickly close inv.
From the first post in this thread:
petri wrote:Done:
Yes, I'm aware the Esc keybinding was added (which is great), just meant to suggest an additional one.
To me it's a matter of personal preference (easier to reach tilde then Esc, also don't have to move the whole hand), but I've also seen some keyboards with a really weird top left corner (stuff like a very small Esc key, and/or pretty far away from the first numeric row - mostly some wireless mouse/keyboard/trackball combos and such).

The suggestion to use the spacebar from further in the thread is also a great idea. Definitely should be put to some (possibly multifunctional and context-dependand) use.

On a side note, is there any chance of public access to the codebase's issue tracker (I'm guessing you must be using one)? It would probably greatly ease the team's administration overhead for entering bugs and feature requests, and also give more info to the user (searching if your issue already exists, checking status and comments on it, giving a "vote-up" for reatures... the usual stuff).
If that's not an option, maybe just make a separate forum section for features (one thread per feature), or something along those lines?
andysonofbob

Post by andysonofbob »

Could you provide additional options in the game's advanced graphics menu? Options to dIsable shadows, certain light effects like coronas/halos or bloom effects, that type of thing? It would be great if these were check box options not slider options.

Thanks!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

petri wrote:Back to work!
Going a good job, you can be be proud of your work. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
timblo

Post by timblo »

what´s about a quick save Button ???
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Quick Save/Load is on their list of things to do, it may not be in the first patch though.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

petri wrote:Hi there!

Work in progress:
- What next? Let's see..
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Son of Grimrock)
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock