1.1.4 Patch Progress

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Dandy

Re: 1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by Dandy »

Mameluk wrote:
antti wrote: We have played around with the idea during development a little and one problem with that is that the character frames end up overlapping with the floor area where items can be manipulated in. The magnitude of the problem depends on the aspect ratio the player uses.
Then how about the top side of the screen? :)
Naaa, it would spoil the view.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
asmodai

Post by asmodai »

Just noticed you added a fix for the door throw thing. One of the cases that I noticed is that level 1 (or level 2) door with the sun on it. I was able to toss a skeleton's shield through the door.
antti

Post by antti »

asmodai wrote:Just noticed you added a fix for the door throw thing. One of the cases that I noticed is that level 1 (or level 2) door with the sun on it. I was able to toss a skeleton's shield through the door.
Ah, thanks for the report. This seems to be a different bug with sort of similar symptoms.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Dandy wrote:
Mameluk wrote:
antti wrote: We have played around with the idea during development a little and one problem with that is that the character frames end up overlapping with the floor area where items can be manipulated in. The magnitude of the problem depends on the aspect ratio the player uses.
Then how about the top side of the screen? :)
Naaa, it would spoil the view.
What? How? Have you ever seen it in action? No? Then you don't know that.

Worth looking into since there's yet another thread suggesting it.
asmodai

Post by asmodai »

antti wrote:Ah, thanks for the report. This seems to be a different bug with sort of similar symptoms.
No problem, it seems either some sort of collision check failing or the shield drops on the floor, but gets pushed to the edge, which then collides with the door and gets pushed behind it (since there's an empty room/space behind it). But that's my amateur gamedev interpretation of what I witnessed. Hope it helps you track down such occurences. :)
Aro

Post by Aro »

Could you possibly implement small feature: ?
I understand I cannot put container into container. But it would be great to put all things from current bag/sack/chest into opened one if I try to.
It is really pain in the ass to move container contents one by one...
MDK

Post by MDK »

antti wrote:We have played around with the idea during development a little and one problem with that is that the character frames end up overlapping with the floor area where items can be manipulated in. The magnitude of the problem depends on the aspect ratio the player uses.
I would also like an UI for my 3 monitor setup.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/ ... OVtest.jpg
In this image I took 2 screenshots from the same place with 5670x1080 and 1920x1080 resolution. The black and white image is the 1920x1080 resolution one layered on top of the superwide screenshot. If it was possible to tell the game both the overall resolution and the resolution of the center screen it could automatically put the UI Exactly where it needs to be. That way The center screen would pretty much be 100% identical in both 1 and 3 monitor modes.
trouba

Post by trouba »

I put it simple: Quick save/load keys, please :roll:
Nwardezir

Post by Nwardezir »

Another nice/simple feature would be : put custom portraits with correct size and image format in the appropriate folder and TADAAAAM ... have them available on character creation :)
Started roaming dungeons back in 1980 ... I guess I lost somewhere cause I'm still roaming today :mrgreen:
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

trouba wrote:I put it simple: Quick save/load keys, please :roll:
Yes, that would be great...