1.1.4 Patch Progress

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
raf68

Re: 1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by raf68 »

I have a question:
when I put an object on the floor in front of me and the games that I advance the object moves forward is this normal ???
or a bug fix ???
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

If you are referring to the fact that you kick items on the ground forward when you move, then yes that is intentional.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
raf68

Post by raf68 »

do not you think it would be more realistic if the objects on the ground would stay in place when the player that moves forward (objects on the ground would not move one square forward)
like dungeon master or other games of the same style ???
raf68

Post by raf68 »

Crashbanito ok thank you for your explanation,
I understood PMS now thank you very much
Thels

Post by Thels »

They're pushed forward to make it easier for you to pick up.

If you talk about realism, do you think it feels real to move from square to square and not being able to stop halfway.
raf68

Post by raf68 »

thank you Thels at first I did not understand why I think it was a bug but my explanation as Crashbanito Now I understood why the subject advance thank you to you both
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Just as small reminder for the next patch 1.1.5, which was announced by petri here, there is a 1.1.4 bug backlog/thread which deserves to be considered for fixing ;) (pretty deep hidden in the support forum thread list now)
PSY's 1.1.4 bug thread
theruler

Post by theruler »

Do you have concrete plans about implementing the dreaded "netbook/notebook mode" in the next patch?
Kouen

Post by Kouen »

Will there be a smaller / Minimal UI mode soon? I play it on a lower custom resolution as my main computer is in storage and so im on my very much slower laptop to get a decent frame rate I had to put in a custom resolution if the UI could Scale maybe or if there was a option to make it smaller that would be awesome.

Thanks
Komag

Post by Komag »

not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but I'm wondering if the next patch (coming out with the editor, right?) has a list of features ready? I'm just curious what are some of the issues that have been addressed already and are just waiting for the patch to come out for us to get the fixes.

(one of my pet issues is the quick movement causing spells to "backfire", such as casting but then stepping back very quickly and running into your own spell in a sense)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play