can't save keyboard setting

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
wired

can't save keyboard setting

Post by wired »

I run the game (V 1.3.7) under W7 and can't save my keyboard settings. First, they work during the game but after restarting the game, the settings are on standard again. The error is reproducible for me.

What can I do? I don't know much about Windows anymore, I use it for gaming only. :roll:
Komag

Re: can't save keyboard setting

Post by Komag »

Those settings get saved in your documents folder, in almost human grimrock subfolder in a .cfg file. Maybe for some reason your system is not saving that file, something to do with permissions perhaps.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

As Komag said, it's likely a permissions error. However, if you really can't get the settings to stick, then you can always edit the config file with a text editor. Make sure you close down Grimrock first (otherwise, it will likely overwrite your changes), and then find the config file at:

C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\grimrock.cfg

Around line 35, you will see the section -- key bindings, which defines all of the core keyboard commands for the game. Note that each command is mapped to a number, which is a 'Windows Virtual-Key Code' in decimal format. You can see a full list of those codes here.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
wired

Post by wired »

Windows and rights-management? funny... :lol:

OK, joking aside. As far as I understand, all permissions are granted. But editing grimrock.cfg seems to be the workaround. It works.

Thanks. Again.