[Linux] : Is my pc powerful enough for the game

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
jean_clume

Re: [Linux] : Is my pc powerful enough for the game

Post by jean_clume »

antti wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
jean_clume wrote:What do you think of a:
MSI GT610 1Go DDR3 (low profile)
A small video card with passive cooler for only 30€?
IMO a good investment. If you can upgrade your system with it (best check your manufacturer) i'd go for it!
Yes, I think that card should be able to run the game well. If you buy the game from our store, you can mail or pm me for a refund if the game doesn't work well enough.
I definitively will! :P
Long life Almost Human!
JohnWordsworth

Re: [Linux] : Is my pc powerful enough for the game

Post by JohnWordsworth »

If you can get hold of a cheap GT9600/GT9800 from a geeky friend who updates their computer all of the time, then even though they are a few years older they are a bit more powerful (although, they use a lot more power). I actually threw away an old GT9600 when clearing out our house a few months ago, so if you have some geeky gamer friends you might be able to get a freebie / get one for a few euros. Of course, and older card will die sooner - so I wouldn't pay much for it, but just worth mentioning on the off chance you have some PC component hoarding friends!

Also, just wanted to say - what great customer service from AH!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.