XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
maysjw

XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create

Post by maysjw »

I'm getting this error when launching the game. Anyone else getting this? I've updated my graphics drivers, sound drivers and monitor drivers just to be safe. Specs below:

Lenovo T500
Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4
8Gig Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I've also reinstalled directx 9.0c.
Konamodda

Re: XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create

Post by Konamodda »

I am experiencing the same error after installing from Steam. My GPU driver is current as well as my sound driver.

i5 2500k @ stock
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Konamodda

Post by Konamodda »

Konamodda wrote:I am experiencing the same error after installing from Steam. My GPU driver is current as well as my sound driver.

i5 2500k @ stock
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC
Okay - maybe I just derped a bit...I use a Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 USB gaming headset, and once I plugged it into my keyboard - the game loaded without an error.
maysjw

Post by maysjw »

Konamodda wrote:
Konamodda wrote:I am experiencing the same error after installing from Steam. My GPU driver is current as well as my sound driver.

i5 2500k @ stock
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC
Okay - maybe I just derped a bit...I use a Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 USB gaming headset, and once I plugged it into my keyboard - the game loaded without an error.
Glad you got it working. I've never hooked any other audio device into this laptop so I'm not sure what's stopping it from loading. I thought that maybe my dock did something odd with the audio but I undocked and then rebooted with the same results, fails to load with the same error.
petri

Post by petri »

Ok, this is definitely audio related. Hmm, could you try updating your sound and chipset drivers?
e8hffff

Post by e8hffff »

I got this error when first starting but I reinstalled DirectX and the VC drivers that are included with the game directory.
ulukyn

Post by ulukyn »

Try to install the most recent directx 9 using web installer like here : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Directx 9.0c is too old I think
maysjw

Post by maysjw »

petri wrote:Ok, this is definitely audio related. Hmm, could you try updating your sound and chipset drivers?
I've used the Lenovo system updater to update all drivers for all devices to the latest and greatest, still a no-go. I've also reinstalled the latest DirectX 9 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... g=en&id=35
generalemail

Post by generalemail »

Yes I am having the same problem. I installed the game and got 2 errors which I corrected. Then I got this problem you are speaking of. I am running Win XP SP3 with all updates. Video card is ATI HD 6800. I have a built in sound card on my gigabyte motherboard. I have run dxdiag. There were no problem at all. I have run tests on both my video card for 3D functionality and sound card. Both worked fine. No problems. Everywhere I look on the net concerning this problem I see it is a programming issue with whoever is publishing something. That's all I can find.

In response to directx9.oc being to old. I don't think it goes any higher than that for Win XP. And this is suppose to be compatible with this OS.
zhai

Post by zhai »

I'm getting this error message too. I really hope something will be done about it soon.