[Linux] cursor issues

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Outlaw

Re: [Linux] cursor issues

Post by Outlaw »

I have the same problem with AMD 4250 HD. But I'm wondering, is this going to be fixed or not?
Gnawnsense

Post by Gnawnsense »

Same problem with the gray box around the mouse cursor.

Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit. Radeon 6800. Proprietary AMD 13.4 drivers.

Game plays and runs excellent other than the mouse cursor. Quite annoying, but playable.
CB750_rider

Post by CB750_rider »

I have the same issue running Ubuntu 13.04 with a Trinity APU Radeon HD 7540D. I am running the distro provided fglrx driver.
Metuz

Post by Metuz »

Same problem here
Fedora 19 (KDE)
Radeon 7970
Driver AMD Catalyst 13.4 Proprietary Linux, tryed with the 13.11 Beta too.
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

Well, it seems this isn't going to be fixed! Just great...
Boeroer

Post by Boeroer »

Maybe AH can't fix this because it may be a problem on the part of AMD or the linux drivers for AMD graphic cards. I've no idea.
Maybe since they are working hard on LoG2 there's no time for fixing "non critical" bugs in LoG1. It's also a problem that affects only a very small group (sorry to say that).
On my office computer (where I use Ubuntu 13.04 with the Gallium 0.4 driver on an AMD RS780) LoG1 runs without that bug.

p.s.: I'm self employed so don't tell me that I'm not allowed to play games at the office.

:-D
What price the world? What? That expensive? Then I'll take a small coke...
pomate

Post by pomate »

Hi,

could the developers check what is the the problem with this most probably alpha related issue?

If you are goind to sell Legend of Grimrock 2 will the new game have the same problem?!

Better to check in advance and when the problem is found...better to correct this ugly bug also on Legend of Grimrock

I place a bet that the new game will came out with the same bug.

In my case buying or not LOG2 will depend exactly on the existence of this incredible bug of LOG,
and please stop blaming the drivers, there are a lot o games without semitransparent squares on the mouse cursor on linux distributions.
You have been warned and I'm not the only Linux user.

To Amost Human and Steam commercial departments...if you think revenues are still important...do something!

An annoyed customer

P.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

pomate wrote:In my case buying or not LOG2 will depend exactly on the existence of this incredible bug of LOG,
and please stop blaming the drivers, there are a lot o games without semitransparent squares on the mouse cursor on linux distributions.
If you would have read the post directly above yours you would know what is responsible.
grim_stoner

Post by grim_stoner »

Dr.Disaster wrote:If you would have read the post directly above yours you would know what is responsible.
Boeroer is a player making logical suggestions, not official statements. We need AH for that.

I'd really like to see this bug fixed too, as I was considering installing Linux just to work around the (presumably DirectX) color banding issue, present in the screenshots on LoG2's new Steam page.

Thank you mannerov and Boeroer for posting system specs without the issue. It gives me something to aim for until there is a fix.
Bukaj

Post by Bukaj »

Hello,

i would like to say that this issue is still opened. So if someone from developers could do something about it.

Game version: 1.0.0.3 (GOG.com)

HW specs:
AMD Radeon HD 6870, proprietary drivers 14.12
Linux Mint 17.1

Thanks.