v1.3.7 Bug collection

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: v1.3.7 Bug collection

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Smiling Spectre wrote:
Isaac wrote:There is a fireblade laying around, for those parties without the ability to cast fireball.
Exactly. But fireblade, fireball and firebomb _seemingly_ uses the same mechanic. Why to limit those who haven't first two? :)
Because they do not use the same mechanic.

The fireblade launches a fireball which is a projectile.
The firebomb is similar to a fireburst dealing elemental damage on the target tile.
Smiling Spectre

Post by Smiling Spectre »

Dr.Disaster wrote:The fireblade launches a fireball which is a projectile.
The firebomb is similar to a fireburst dealing elemental damage on the target tile.
Point taken. Ok, now I know why results are different. Still, I feel that it's wrong.

So next question, obviously, what's the difference between fireburst and fireball, mechanic wise? (I really have no idea - except that for the given mage fireball damage is heavier). How they are different, at the moment of impact?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Smiling Spectre wrote:
Isaac wrote:There is a fireblade laying around, for those parties without the ability to cast fireball.
Exactly. But fireblade, fireball and firebomb _seemingly_ uses the same mechanic. Why to limit those who haven't first two? :)
Because it's a "Mage's Entrance"; it implies that the solution would be magical.