Can't patch; GOG version 1.02 only

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
marcuz99

Can't patch; GOG version 1.02 only

Post by marcuz99 »

Hello, I've just redownloaded from GOG the updated game, which is labeled version 1.02; I've uninstalled the previous version (I had not patched it from the start, as I had no problem with the game anyway).
Then I installed the new 1.02 version and that went fine; finally I've tried the patch for the dungeon editor, but the installing stopped halfway because of wrong Grimrock.dat version.

I'm puzzled, because the 1.1.4 version required is not on GOG. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
petri

Re: Can't patch; GOG version 1.02 only

Post by petri »

If you redownloaded the entire game there is no need to patch it.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

marcuz99 wrote:Hello, I've just redownloaded from GOG the updated game, which is labeled version 1.02; I've uninstalled the previous version (I had not patched it from the start, as I had no problem with the game anyway).
Then I installed the new 1.02 version and that went fine; finally I've tried the patch for the dungeon editor, but the installing stopped halfway because of wrong Grimrock.dat version.

I'm puzzled, because the 1.1.4 version required is not on GOG. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Part of the confusion is coming from the ugly behaviour of GOG to repack applications and give them a new version scheme.

The 1.0.2 is an internal GOG version number for LoG 1.3.1.
GOG 1.0.1 was LoG 1.1.4.
GOG 1.0.0 was LoG 1.1.3.

(PS: please complain on the GOG service about that re-version behaviour, there are already multiple cases of confusion with several games because of this)
Komag

Post by Komag »

Maybe an extra note on the announcement page about 1.0.2 from GOG actually being 1.3.1 would help clarify this for others who might face the same confusion
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
marcuz99

Post by marcuz99 »

Oh! Thank you everybody! I look forward to play it again this weekend, thanks! :)