A very sad customer

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Disinagrater

A very sad customer

Post by Disinagrater »

I really enjoy this game, however I must play on the lowest settings to make the game playable. All was running well until I hit level 12. On this level the walls change again and the fps lag is horrid. The game becomes unplayable. Can anyone give me advice on what to do?
Chiller

Re: A very sad customer

Post by Chiller »

Cry?

(I feel your pain. On my machine it's still playable but gets quite laggy)
kitty

Post by kitty »

Same problem on my machine. Maybe we should consider this as inbalance or maybe a bug. In future - more custom dungeons will come and without any fix, such dungeons will be unplayable.
Disasterrific

Post by Disasterrific »

Have you thought that maybe it's time to upgrade? What are your specs? My computer is 5 or 6 years old and although the FPS does drop when there's a large number of light sources it still runs well enough to play and enjoy on half-decent graphic settings.
Playing it looking like crap isn't the best way of experiencing the game...
singularety

Post by singularety »

What in the world are you talking about? Game is smooth as butter with everything turned on. And that is with a two year old video card (460) fork out $150 dollars and get off that lame intel integrated video and stop complaining to the developers. Like owning a KIA and wondering why you dont get 4 second 1/4 miles...
earthyearth

Post by earthyearth »

can you post your system specs?
Flashheart

Post by Flashheart »

I too get a noticeable FPS drop when multiple torches a placed in sconces. I have an ATI HD 6850 card (so there's plenty of beef in the card).

Having said that - the lighting in Grimrock is phenomenal and puts Skyrim's lighting in the shade (pun intended).
Crash

Post by Crash »

There is a mod mentioned in an Nvidia 3dvision topic, which disables light sources/shadows. Perhaps this would reduce gpu requirements?