viewing original grimrock game

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
RayB

viewing original grimrock game

Post by RayB »

In Grimrock 2 it is possible to load the original game into the dungeon editor and learn from the layouts and scripting.
Is this possible with Grim 1?

I have tried creating a new dungeon with Grim 1 and then replacing the line in the 'Grimrock I.dungeon_editor' file...
REPLACED dungeonFolder "mod_assets/scripts" WITH dungeonFolder "assets/dungeons/grimrock"

but I keep getting the error: File not found: assets/dungeons/grimrock/dungeon.lua

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible with Grim 1?

Any help would be appreciated.
Dr.Disaster

Re: viewing original grimrock game

Post by Dr.Disaster »

I'm not aware of any such thing but you can go for Komag's Remake.
minmay

Post by minmay »

The main dungeon in Grimrock 1 is stored in a very different format from custom dungeons. Remember that the dungeon editor was added to Grimrock 1 in a later patch; it wasn't used to make the main game. You cannot open it in the dungeon editor, and most of the scripting in the main dungeon won't even work in custom dungeons anyway (different interface). But Komag's remake shows you alternative ways to do everything in the main dungeon except the dreams and final boss.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
RayB

Post by RayB »

All right!
Thanks guys