Is a GOG Galaxy support update in the works?

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
grimstone

Is a GOG Galaxy support update in the works?

Post by grimstone »

Before I start another playthrough I wanted to ask if there's even the slightest chance for achievements to ported over to GOG Galaxy. I loved to hunt them down on Steam and would love to repeat that on GOG.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Is a GOG Galaxy support update in the works?

Post by Sir Tawmis »

grimstone wrote:Before I start another playthrough I wanted to ask if there's even the slightest chance for achievements to ported over to GOG Galaxy. I loved to hunt them down on Steam and would love to repeat that on GOG.
I think that would be something the folks at GOG actually did. Someone asked on GoG.com and never got an answer: https://www.gog.com/forum/legend_of_gri ... m_for_log2

And one of the admins answered a similar question on these forums: viewtopic.php?p=1213#p1213
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
grimstone

Post by grimstone »

Sir Tawmis wrote:
grimstone wrote:Before I start another playthrough I wanted to ask if there's even the slightest chance for achievements to ported over to GOG Galaxy. I loved to hunt them down on Steam and would love to repeat that on GOG.
I think that would be something the folks at GOG actually did. Someone asked on GoG.com and never got an answer: https://www.gog.com/forum/legend_of_gri ... m_for_log2

And one of the admins answered a similar question on these forums: viewtopic.php?p=1213#p1213
Thanks for your response. The thing is: GOG has evolved quite a bit since release of Grimrock 1, in fact GOG has APIs now that support achievements and with the upcoming version 1.2 (which is currently being rolled out to preview users) cloud saves will be also supported. In my opinion, and I hope I'm not the only one who thinks like this, in the case of Grimrock, the achievements are very well designed and support the design of the game really well. It's a shame they're Steam exclusive :|

I know development time is an issue and I'm not sure what the situation on GOG really is like in terms of revenue and if any additional effort is justified.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

grimstone wrote:
Sir Tawmis wrote:
Thanks for your response. The thing is: GOG has evolved quite a bit since release of Grimrock 1, in fact GOG has APIs now that support achievements and with the upcoming version 1.2 (which is currently being rolled out to preview users) cloud saves will be also supported. In my opinion, and I hope I'm not the only one who thinks like this, in the case of Grimrock, the achievements are very well designed and support the design of the game really well. It's a shame they're Steam exclusive :|
I know development time is an issue and I'm not sure what the situation on GOG really is like in terms of revenue and if any additional effort is justified.
Heh - I doubt if you're the only one who thinks this. I don't know if the developers will be doing much with Grimrock (1 or 2). They've been rather quiet.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.