OSX/Linux version crash soon after startup

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
antti

OSX/Linux version crash soon after startup

Post by antti »

Just a heads up for any OSX/Linux users who might bump into this issue...

During the last few days, some Legend of Grimrock players on OSX and Linux have had the game crash within the first few seconds of opening the game, with an error report that says "C++ exception". This has something to do with the Steam Overlay (an update to the overlay was included in the latest Steam Client patch which might be related to the crash) and we're still trying to figure out what exactly is going on in there and if there's something we can do about it, but in the meanwhile you can work around the issue by disabling the overlay from the game's properties in your Steam Library.

Carry on 8-)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
JohnWordsworth

Re: OSX/Linux version crash soon after startup

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Thanks for the heads up. I had this problem yesterday on OSX 10.10 but thought I'd probably broken something myself.

Must be a pain having to go back and fix LOG1 when you're hard at work on LOG2. :(
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
petri

Post by petri »

Valve confirmed this is a problem with the new Steam client. We have to wait until the new client is released and disable overlay rendering meanwhile.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

I'm subscribed to the daily Steam Beta updates but this seems to be fixed already. I am running Grimrock on my OS X laptop and using the Steam overlay again. :)
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
antti

Post by antti »

JohnWordsworth wrote:I'm subscribed to the daily Steam Beta updates but this seems to be fixed already. I am running Grimrock on my OS X laptop and using the Steam overlay again. :)
Nice, thanks for the heads up! :)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry