Some questions on mods, the sequel, steam workshop, gog and nexus mods.

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Babu

Some questions on mods, the sequel, steam workshop, gog and nexus mods.

Post by Babu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:33 am

Greetings!

I'm almost at the end of the main quest of the first game and I'm completely blown away by the game (Playing on normal, old school). I have the game on Sarkari Result Steam but got it also on gog due their crossplay feature, and I've been looking that it seems that most of the content on Steam's workshop is the same that the content on Nexus mods, but I have some questions on this:

Has been made any "mod remake" Pnr Status on Legend of Grimrock 2? Are all the dungeons listed there "exclusive" for the first game or is porting them to the sequel easy?

Is the Workshop content "par" with the Nexus Mods one? Showbox I'm one of these guys who support DRM-Free games, and I would rather get the game on gog than on steam (as waiting for a humble bundle as I did with the first would be a thing of rolling a dice). Can the workshop mods be downloaded without owning the game on Steam?

There is still a mod community alive? If I were to make a dungeon for the first game, where should I publish it?

Thanks!
Last edited by Babu on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minmay

Re: Some questions on mods, the sequel, steam workshop, gog and nexus mods.

Post by minmay » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 am

You can download stuff from Steam Workshop without owning the game, or even having Steam, using http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/ .
The best mods are The Mine of Malan Vael, Awakening of Taarnab, The Elder of Murwynd Woods, Prison Ward, and The One Room Round Robin 2.

Porting mods for Grimrock 1 to Grimrock 2 would be a fair amount of work. There are some features of Grimrock 1 that are not easy to replicate in Grimrock 2.