FAN FICTION mega-thread: links to all Grimrock fan-fics

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
Komag

FAN FICTION mega-thread: links to all Grimrock fan-fics

Post by Komag »

Here are all the links I could find to all forum threads containing Grimrock Fan-Fiction

They are organized by date with the newest on top, and have a brief description for each one
(blue asterisks * mark my favourite ones)
(dates refer to the first post, but the story may have been updated more recently)

------------------------------------------------

Dec 18, 2014: Through the Grimrock
- Simple story of a custom group (although they appear to be the standard prisoners with new names), exploring and fighting their way through the entire Grimrock dungeon.

Apr 28, 2013: Legend of Grimrock
- Beginning story of the standard prisoners with some deviation from canon, well written, immediate first-person perspective

Mar 2, 2013: Legend of Grimrock ~ A text lp
- Nice introductory backgrounds on a custom group, with an interesting world starting to build up

Sep 10, 2012: Untold story
- Brief introductory backgrounds on a custom group, some intriguing references

Sep 6, 2012: Legend of Grimrock: Honor’s Dissension *
- My own foray into the world of Grimrock, making heavy use of map references and setting up a large structure of government and powers in The Northern Realms rich with character and history

Aug 24, 2012: Story about 4 insectoid mages
- Very interesting take on a custom group, thoughts from the "leader" insectoid

July 30, 2012: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance *
- Excellent story of a custom group, large in scope, lots of mystery and back-story which ties into canon, interesting and believable explanations for various aspects of Grimrock, decent quality writing, the longest fan-fic so far - and growing

June 06, 2012: Into the Deep * (on FanFiction.net)
- High quality story of a custom group, rich background with intriguing mention of various noble families, organizations, and government secrets

May 12, 2012: Just a Grimrock Story *
- Well written story of a custom group, filled with gripping dialog and nice characterization. Interesting that the party started out with five

Apr 26, 2012: [SPOILERS] The Legend. Story of Grimrock.
- Musings on the background of and details about the Grimrock world, differing theories, ideas, etc

Apr 23, 2012: Your Party's Lore
- Just some back-stories of a few custom groups

Apr 22, 2012: Contar Stoneskull's Diary
- Simple story of the standard prisoners, although with some deviation from canon, exploring and fighting their way through what seems to be part of level 1

Apr 15, 2012: Grimrock fan fiction *
- Fascinating back-story to a custom group who were chosen as representatives/ambassadors for their races at a King's speech, an assassination gone wrong, a devious controlling council, and politics and intrigue galore!

Apr 14, 2012: A poem on journeys just begun
- Poetry regarding being thrown into Grimrock and fighting the various denizens of the wretched dungeon

Apr 12, 2012: Lets Roleplay! (Floor 1 Update 1) *
- Well written story of a custom group, some back-story, adventure on level 1

Apr 10, 2012: Legend of Grimrock Custom Level- Petri-Fied!
- Extremely strange anachronistic joke story of the developer's office in a semi-fantasy spaced-out crazy setting

Mar 26, 2012: Rise Through Death to Freedom
- Strange short story of a prison break, then some history of people and nations unrelated to the world of Grimrock

Mar 03, 2012: Writing from scratch
- Short passage of a custom group with the names of the game developers, bantering in a section of Grimrock

Mar 02, 2012: Emergent behavior *
- Short passage of a custom group, down to the last man, desperately charging into a final glorious confrontation. The passage was also re-written a couple times by forum members

Jan 04, 2013: The Rise of Simon
- Based on the author's Legend of Grimrock mod. WARNING: There is profuse language and some violence. Not for young readers.
Last edited by Komag on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Darklord

Re: FAN FICTION mega-thread: links to all Grimrock fan-fics

Post by Darklord »

Great idea, I've made this a sticky. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

This is excellent! I didn't even realize there were other fanfics on here other than mine and the 4 Insectoid one! Going to do some reading...
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I added a couple new stories, dates for each story, and some improved formatting and notes :)

BTW, I highly recommend anyone with a story to sign up and publish it on http://www.FanFiction.net for added exposure (both for you and for Grimrock!). There is a Legend of Grimrock category already established there with a couple stories so far.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

Question to komag: Should a story related to a mod be listed here? (In this case referring to my story here:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4730). It's not a matter of me wanting to either be listed or not, I don't mind either way. I'm honestly curious as to whether you think it should or shouldn't. As it is only in a sense a grimrock fan-fic.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Destiny's Chance, for the first segment concluded with the final battle with the Undying One. But, I plan to continue the story, with the same characters, touching on LOG2. (Once again, with a lot of liberties taken, no doubt...)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Asteroth wrote:Question to komag: Should a story related to a mod be listed here? (In this case referring to my story here:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4730). It's not a matter of me wanting to either be listed or not, I don't mind either way. I'm honestly curious as to whether you think it should or shouldn't. As it is only in a sense a grimrock fan-fic.
Was reading through this list; and noticed yours had not been added. So I went ahead and added it to the sticky post.