Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
Pizzadude

Re: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.

Post by Pizzadude »

Im still reading, and this is a nice addition to the story. Nice
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Pizzadude wrote:Im still reading, and this is a nice addition to the story. Nice
Thank you! Next I am going to do the back story for Jorale and Stonebreaker.

Then bring it all back to the Isle of Nex.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
CremionisD

Post by CremionisD »

Sir Tawmis wrote: It’d been a long time since I have added, so this story was a little longer than usual. Hopefully still enjoyable for anyone still reading.
Thanks for still continuing... I'm waiting for more 8)
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

CremionisD wrote:
Sir Tawmis wrote: It’d been a long time since I have added, so this story was a little longer than usual. Hopefully still enjoyable for anyone still reading.
Thanks for still continuing... I'm waiting for more 8)
Thank you! I was hoping to get to some more writing these last two weeks (but forgot it was Memorial Day Weekend, which had us doing a bunch of things with friends), and this past weekend I have been tending to my wife (who had surgery last week). BUT - she's back at work and I am headed back to work - so hopefully, I can do some writing to develop Jorale and Stonebreaker next. And then bring the story back around to the two parties on the Isle of Nex.

(I need to get back to playing LOG2, myself... still have not actually beat it!)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

The Origin of Jorale and Stonebreaker Bloodrage

Two weeks before the rescue of Sir Karin and Alissa…

The Elfin Wind cut through the seas, the bow of her ship, like an arrow, striking true and hard against the waves that slammed against her. The ocean breeze was refreshing, as the wind whipped around. “Zarakour favors us,” Jorale smiled as the mist from the colliding waves gently sprayed her face. She could taste the salt on her lips, said to be from the tears of Dargos himself, when his daughter was murdered.

“It’s best Zarakour keeps his scaly eyes upon us, and keeps us hidden from Dargos’ view,” Bairon, the captain of the Elfin Wind cautioned.

The story, Jorale had heard, went that Dargos, the God of the Seas, had a young daughter named Eillenna. One night, she had wandered in the Heavens and was spied upon by Zarakour, the god of the Zarchtons, who grabbed a star and threw it through her. The fallen star pierced her chest, and send her heart plunging to the world below. When Dargos found his daughter, he wept so much that once desert lands, were flooded, and the oceans were made. Now, Dargos is furious against those who have evil in their hearts; so those that sail the seas, cleanse their hearts and souls before taking to the seas.

Only those, with less than good intentions in their heart, called upon Zarakour to hide them from Dargos as they traveled the sea; for fear that the Sea God would crush their ship and send them to the ocean depths below.

The wind had a touch of chill that made their cheeks rosy red. “We’re getting close to Icefall Bay,” Captain Bairon said.

“It will be a long sail back to Sanchi,” Jorale noted, having been on the ship for several weeks. While the Elfin Wind was primarily a slave ship, headed to the Icefall Bay to gather barbarian slaves, Jorale took the journey as well, since there were ingredients that were unique in Icefall Bay, needed for her alchemy. She pulled her black robes tightly around her as another cool breeze opened. Captain Bairon stared at her and smiled. It had been a long voyage, and Jorale, despite her… interests… she was a very beautiful and striking woman. He slid his arm around her and gave her a knowing smile. Captain Bairon was not an attractive man. He had a scar down his right eye that came across both lips, giving him almost a snake like appearance. He was missing several fingers on his right hand, both from battles and various rotting diseases. Still, this was much easier for her to endure his touch, rather than pay for the months of voyage that it would cost to gather these ingredients.

After an all too brief session, Jorale put her robes on and left the slumbering captain in his cabin. One of his crew gave her a knowing smile as she walked by.

A few short days later, the bells rang aboard the Elfin Wind, as the ship crashed through thin layers of ice of the Icefall Bay. Several men, adorned in thick furs, and baring the symbol of Sanchi Kingdom disembarked from the ship, followed by several figures in the yellow and black adorned robes of the Sanchi Mages.

On an icy ledge, age old eyes stared down at the ship. This was not a strange sight. They had seen this ship many times. Stonebreaker Bloodrage growled. He pulled the horn from his hip and sounded the alarm. Barbarians of the Icefall Bay had been watching the ship’s approach for days, as it struggled to cut through the ice around the bay. The last time the slave ship had come, their warriors and mages tried to cross the frozen bay, and the barbarians hurled large rocks down the hills, and that were too heavy for the ice to sustain, and crackled, sending hundreds of armored men and mages, to a freezing death at the bay’s frozen bottom. The slavers had learned their lesson and got their ships as close as they could so that crossing the frozen bay was not such a far distance to land.

The barbarians hid in the snow, waiting for the slavers to struggle against the deep snow, and would tire themselves out before the barbarians launched their attack. When the armored men were in position, near the crest of the frozen hill, Stonebreaker gave the signal and the barbarians sprung up from the snow behind them, cutting down the dangerous mages first, and disorienting the armored soldiers who now had to try and turn in the snow, while wearing heavy metal armor. The barbarians cut through the mages, then pushed whatever warriors they could, over, then sprung on top of them, removed their faceplates and crushed the men’s faces.

“The savages have learned,” Jorale noted with some interest, “since our last visit here.”

“You sound like you admire that,” Captain Bairon looked at her strangely. “They actually present a legitimate threat to us.”

“I do admire them,” Jorale said with a shrug, not an ounce of fear or concern in her voice. “I truly thought these barbarians were simple animals. This is an interesting turn of events…”

TO BE CONTINUED?

NOTE: As noted previously, LOG has never made mention of gods; so Dargos, and his daughter, Eillenna, and the lore behind her fate, and how the oceans came to be, as well as the god of the Zarchtons being named Zarakour, is all strictly made up for this story and is not in any way associated to anything in the games. (In case you're wondering if you missed something in the games). It's just me, alibiing some lore to give the stories more depth. Hopefully you've enjoyed these little lore additions.

AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

I finally managed to access the grimrock forums again! And there were several wonderfull segments of this story waiting for me!
The idea of having two parties is superb! And I hope they will meet soon. I think they will, considering one is with the captain's statue and the other in twigroot and they are next to each other. :D

But even with the addition of the new party, the best parts are Blaz and Tawmis arguing about magic! :D
Well, anyway, just wanted to say that I'm still alive and reading this. :)

Oh, and before I forget, the font on those banners, what is it and where did you get it? A Grimrock font si simply something every grimrock fanfic writer has to have! :D A bit random, but oh well...
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

AnnElfwind wrote: I finally managed to access the grimrock forums again! And there were several wonderfull segments of this story waiting for me!
Welcome back! Yes, the story has been chugging along!
AnnElfwind wrote: The idea of having two parties is superb! And I hope they will meet soon. I think they will, considering one is with the captain's statue and the other in twigroot and they are next to each other. :D
They're definitely bound to run into each other, for sure... I don't know what's going to happen when they do... but I am sure, at some point in this crazy story, the two parties will meet...
AnnElfwind wrote: But even with the addition of the new party, the best parts are Blaz and Tawmis arguing about magic! :D
Well the back stories for the new members is almost done, since I have finished with the other two; and now just need to do the others... and then move the story back to the Isle of Nex...
AnnElfwind wrote: Well, anyway, just wanted to say that I'm still alive and reading this. :)
Tis good to know!
AnnElfwind wrote: Oh, and before I forget, the font on those banners, what is it and where did you get it? A Grimrock font si simply something every grimrock fanfic writer has to have! :D A bit random, but oh well...
Ah! I had made a post about when I found the Legend of Grimrock font!
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I was going to add to the story tonight...

When this happened...

http://tawmis.com/grimrock/

It's a site for my Legend of Grimrock fanfic. Aside from posting the stories here (which I will continue to do!), I am also going to post them on the site (so I have them in a flowing order). But ... naturally, my brain wouldn't let me stop there... no...

The story section (http://tawmis.com/grimrock/destinys-chance/) has not yet been populated, because I ended up spending all night doing this...

Want to know everything and anything - and more than what's been revealed in the stories here? I ended up fleshing out some origins more, and coming up with some other characters (you won't see them in the story, as main characters; they'd only be referenced as flash back type of stuff) - but wow, was it a lot of work but a lot of fun... Check out the characters page:
http://tawmis.com/grimrock/characters/

And because I have begun referencing deities - and I noticed, originally Blaz'tik talks about "The Trinity of Gods" but later another character has an expression, "By the Seven Gods!" - I thought I better make this flow - so I managed to piece together my mistakes and do something with it... (I will flesh out the deities more as I progress, I am sure, as I do so love Norse & Greek type mythology)... and one of those gods' names may seem pretty familiar to one of our readers...
http://tawmis.com/grimrock/deities/

I also put the world map (which I had previously linked in the story) on the site, as an easy reference point for me... (and whoever happens to read the story)...
http://tawmis.com/grimrock/world-map/

And I did a little section about things I've done in the story - broken down by things that are directly related to the game (like how the torches remain lit in Grimrock) and various little things I've made up (unrelated to the mechanics of the game, like expressions, plants, animals)... all here:
http://tawmis.com/grimrock/grimrock-discoveries/

Anyway... enjoy!
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Love the characters description page! Oh, and Phantom has awesome portrait! Is that a Grimrock original or from a portrait pack? I'll probably figure it out before you reply, but anyway! :D Love his portrait and the page in general, very nice. :)
Though, question regarding the map, where is Mount Grimrock in relation to it? :)
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

AnnElfwind wrote:Love the characters description page! Oh, and Phantom has awesome portrait! Is that a Grimrock original or from a portrait pack? I'll probably figure it out before you reply, but anyway! :D Love his portrait and the page in general, very nice. :)
Though, question regarding the map, where is Mount Grimrock in relation to it? :)
Phantom's portrait is from LOG2 (standard). All the portraits I used are. (I uploaded all of them, just in case I introduce new characters along the story, I will have usable portraits at the ready!)

As for Mount Grimrock - it's just above the Great Lake (big body of water in the center/right). Here's the full scale map I made using the PDF file.