Drawing my own portrait pack. *COMPLETE*

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
sayianianian

Re: Drawing my own portrait pack.

Post by sayianianian »

Darklord wrote:The thief is mostly good, not sure about that mask though it looks to high tech for grimrock, I envisioned a cloth mask or some such. I love her cloak though! Ninja's are invariably black, so this is more of a masked thief.

Random google image,

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl= ... 99&bih=665

Nice work on the pirate conversion, I actually still prefer the original though, I'm a sucker for pirates! :D

Daniel.
The mask may look a bit high tech but I based it on this samurai mask:

As for ninjas - it's true that they are known for black clothes but in japanese culture the female ninjas, called kunoichi, are associated with red costumes. Some famous examples would be Taki from Soul Calibur and Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters. In Final Fantasy Tactics the female ninja class wears red, in the videogame called Kunoichi the main ninja girl wears red, and there are many more~

As for thwe pirate I will include both versions in my pack so you can choose which one you like more.
sayianianian

Post by sayianianian »

Darklord wrote:I love her cloak though!
Did you notice the pin on the cloak is the Magic symbol for Shield from Grimrock?
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

sayianianian wrote:
Darklord wrote:I love her cloak though!
Did you notice the pin on the cloak is the Magic symbol for Shield from Grimrock?
I didn't, very clever! :D

Well samurai's and ninja are quite a different look, I think the samurai look may look more authentic it was an entire face mask.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
MasterCrumble

Post by MasterCrumble »

Hey, pretty good job on the rogue-ninja! :D I do agree a bit on the mask though! Maybe make a variant that looks more red-brown-ish? If you wish!

All your pics are very creative indeed. :)
sayianianian

Post by sayianianian »

Darklord wrote:Well samurai's and ninja are quite a different look, I think the samurai look may look more authentic it was an entire face mask.
Well you are right about that - I will consider doing a cloth masked version of the ninja.
sayianianian

Post by sayianianian »

Another new character here!

A warrior! Comes in blond with fox pelt and black hair with wolf pelt versions.

Image Image
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Nice! I love both of those, not sure which I would choose, the blond hair is fantastic, but I prefer the wolf pelt. Good work! :D

Great fang necklace to!

Daniel.
Curunir

Re: Looking for Black Bearded Character Image

Post by Curunir »

I've been lurking around this thread for a while, watching your work. And I must say, each new portrait gets better and better!

I wasn't too impressed with your first 2-3 portraits but you've started making pretty awesome ones!
Thanks and keep up the great work! :D

[Edit] And by "this thread" I mean your "Drawing my own portrait pack" thread :D [/Edit]
[Mod Edit] And I moved it for you! :) [/Edit]
sayianianian

Re: Looking for Black Bearded Character Image

Post by sayianianian »

Curunir wrote:I've been lurking around this thread for a while, watching your work. And I must say, each new portrait gets better and better!

I wasn't too impressed with your first 2-3 portraits but you've started making pretty awesome ones!
Thanks and keep up the great work! :D
Thanks for taking off the lurker armor to comment~
I can understand that you didn't really 'feel' the first couple because they were based on people I know. After that, I did the two more obvious ones - but now I am being more creative and having drawn these every day I am getting faster and more skilled with this style.

I want to do 20 characters for the pack - and there will be over 10 alternates, should be plenty to choose from.

If there's any more ideas you have, just give me a suggestion. Right now I am thinking I need a male mage... and maybe another rouge type...
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I'd like to see a heavily armoured portrait, also some more lizardmen would be nice, maybe you could do a heavily armoured lizardmen? :)

Daniel.