Dungeon master remake?

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
mages

Dungeon master remake?

Post by mages »

Regarding the upcoming modding support, will it be possible to create a total Dungeon Master I remake?

I mean, will be all the DM I mechanics (e.g. teleports, timed doors, enemy generators, spells etc.) there? Will it be possible to easily plug them in?

Is there something that you are aware of that might be very difficult to add?
Sol_HSA

Re: Dungeon master remake?

Post by Sol_HSA »

The primary difference I can think of is that in DM (and EOB) the doors were "in" a tile, while LoG places doors between tiles (so no door-guillotining monsters in LoG, sorry).

Don't know how flexible the spell system is, though.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Arctor

Post by Arctor »

Sol_HSA wrote:(so no door-guillotining monsters in LoG, sorry).
Damn. Was so looking forward to doing that again. It really saved my party a lot in certain levels.
skan

Post by skan »

Again, 1) we gotta wait for the modding update, 2) cross our fingers for a guillotine-like trap and 2) use scripting to turn it into doors.
Quite simple, ain't it? ;)
Dungeon-crawling is not a crime!
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

Or perhaps there will be ceiling crushers that would make a nice substitute for the old doors.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Door-guillotine reminds me of Dwarf Fortress' revered dwarven atom smasher (which happens to be just a regular drawbridge on dry land).
takis76

Post by takis76 »

Eye of the Beholder IV remake of the old Classic.

With Level Editor.

The game is under developement , I created the whole engine from scratch alone. When I will launch a website I will inform.

;)
telgor

Post by telgor »

Very impressive takis! :shock:
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

So is this a new EOB with completely different level design based on the originals? Sounds interesting. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
takis76

Post by takis76 »

So is this a new EOB with completely different level design based on the originals? Sounds interesting.
It a complete new engine , support door guillotine if some monster step on the door square , because my doors are in the middle of the square.
There will be and new wallsets and existing Eye of the Beholder series wallsets.
There will be many Dungeon Master like mechanics , all customized spell runes , out-doors areas as forests and cities , market places and currency system to purchase and exchange items like Dungeon Master , background music , horror and 3D surround effects , cursed levels , dark areas you need torch to enter , magic torches , you see wall carvings only with magic torch , cinematics , bosses , quests , multiple level traps and multiple level puzzles , character generator and option to put your own face in the player portrait , multiple endings , complete level design with complete level and quest editor.
Also you are able to change and the texture of your GUI of the game.
The mechanics are mix of Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master and the game play and interface have a taste of Lands of Lore I.
And the rpg rules are original Advenced Dungeons and Dragons (AD&D) Second and Third Edition rules. (Real Time Battles).
My spell runes not present on the panel , you need to find them and activate , so each rune must be found and activated to appear on the Gargoyle rune panel. Also party have and mana points and there will be and mana potion which none of the Eye of the Beholder series have spell system with mana points and potions.

As we speak about guillotines look one trap.

I was inspired from Prince of Persia old platform game.