Bards Tale & Wizardry reboot?

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Mychaelh

Re: Bards Tale & Wizardry reboot?

Post by Mychaelh »

Isaac wrote:[quote="Mychaelh"}...Stone Prophet and Menzoberranzan both have that;]
[/quote][/quote]

Shure. Bla.Bla.
If you dont't 'heil' Wiz8, you are not '90s - but only a shity wanna-be.
End of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlS35hW02co
(Yeah!)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Mychaelh wrote:
Shure. Bla.Bla.
If you dont't 'heil' Wiz8, you are not '90s - but only a shity wanna-be.
End of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlS35hW02co
(Yeah!)
Strange , (and strangely caustic) post...

Wizardry 8 was not a 90's game. Image
Brodie301

Post by Brodie301 »

I have wizards and warriors on disk still. You know one of those little silver bottom round things you use to have to put in a drive! Ha ha. At the time I loved that game. Haven't played it for years, don't know if it holds up or not.
The FORCE is with me!!!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Brodie301 wrote:I have wizards and warriors on disk still. You know one of those little silver bottom round things you use to have to put in a drive! Ha ha. At the time I loved that game. Haven't played it for years, don't know if it holds up or not.
Keep it away from magnets.

*They still make drives for that. :)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

If I recall correctly, the non-tile movement of both Stone Prophet and Menzoberranzan just sucked using the hardware at the time.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

eLPuSHeR wrote:If I recall correctly, the non-tile movement of both Stone Prophet and Menzoberranzan just sucked using the hardware at the time.
What's wild about some of the old games is that they were built assuming faster CPUs would come along... I'm not sure if the idea of a co-processor dedicated for graphics was on everyone's radar... But some games did indeed support impossible to use features ~that wouldn't be impossible on a much faster machine.

In an age where most FPS games played @ 320x200, Monolith's Blood included support for 800x600; plays great now though.
DannyAIC

Post by DannyAIC »

Silversword is a pretty awesome Nod to the bards tale. I know it's avaiable for the ipad, not sure what else. If you have one I'd check it out. Had a boatload of fun with it.
DNACowboy

Post by DNACowboy »

Did I mention I still have my Wizardry credit card? Now that's old skool :-)
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

DNACowboy wrote:Did I mention I still have my Wizardry credit card? Now that's old skool :-)
Black card with the green dragon, right?
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

DNACowboy wrote:Image

We've seen the incredible success of Grimrock & Grimrock 2 by Almost Human which refelcts the appetite amongst the gaming community for old-school rpg's, with this in mind I wonder if it is possible for Almost Human to buy the rights to Michael Cranford's Bards Tale and/or the Wizardry series?
Michael Cranford is one of the nicest developers I've ever met; subsequently I believe he'd jump at reviving the Bards Tale series.
I for one would donate to a Bards Tale remake or even a new project in that world and the same for Sir-Tech's Wizardry, how about you? Would you donate cash towards a Bards Tale or Wizardry remake?
... and going back to your original post - I assume you helped fund the Bard's Tale Kickstarter? (I did!) :)

As for Wizardry, sadly, it's currently in the hands of a Japanese company - who, last I heard, did an MMO thing with it. :roll:

It's that whole bit, as to why the rest of the Wizardry games have not been made available on GoG.com...
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.