Diablo 3

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
User avatar
PSY
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Diablo 3

Post by PSY » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Darklord wrote:Does anyone know if it has decent quests, or is it just click, click, click on someone with a bubble above their head, then run to dungeon click, click, click, loot everywhere? :(

Daniel.
There are also some nice events you might like :)
http://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

earthyearth
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 am

Re: Diablo 3

Post by earthyearth » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Darklord wrote:Does anyone know if it has decent quests, or is it just click, click, click on someone with a bubble above their head, then run to dungeon click, click, click, loot everywhere? :(

Daniel.
You can check the Diablo 3 Walkthrorugh to get an idea of what the quests are like

User avatar
Cadmus
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:08 am

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Cadmus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:18 pm

The high fantasy anime wuxia look all these games have of late is reeeally getting old and boring.

I prefer Grimrock. It's refreshing that way.

User avatar
Mychaelh
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Thuringia

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Mychaelh » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Never really got in Diablo 1 back in the days. Was to boring right from the start. With Diablo the 'age of decay' in CRPG-world started...

t0tem
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Diablo 3

Post by t0tem » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Cadmus wrote:The high fantasy anime wuxia look all these games have of late is reeeally getting old and boring.
Hear hear!

User avatar
eharper256
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Diablo 3

Post by eharper256 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Ugh, I wasn't even keeping up to date on D3 until this thread enlightened me; since D2 was nowhere near as inspiring as D1, and I mostly lost interest. But now?

Constant Net connection for DRM is dumb. Not as dumb as "3 installs and thats it", I suppose, but still dumb. There is no justification that qualifies it. But the fact you can't even pause or stay idle? What if the phone rings? A friend suddenly drops round? I lose all my progress because of real-life? That's just criminal. And that, on top of Origin (which I've already boycotted) basically absolutely ensures no buy for me.

Frankly, if Blizzard and EA keep going down this dark road, they deserve all the piracy that they can get. Games should never punish you for BEING A LEGITAMATE BUYER. <headdesk>
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?!?"
http://detarame.wordpress.com/ <= My games, anime and weirdness blog

User avatar
Darklord
Posts: 2001
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 pm
Location: England

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Darklord » Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

eharper256 wrote:Constant Net connection for DRM is dumb.
I don't like that either...
eharper256 wrote:But the fact you can't even pause or stay idle? What if the phone rings? A friend suddenly drops round? I lose all my progress because of real-life?
You can't pause the game?! That is crazy... I don't think I'll be buying this game.

Ah well, hopefully we'll get to start making LoG custom dungeons by then anyhow. :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...

User avatar
Billick
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Billick » Tue May 01, 2012 4:32 pm

eharper256 wrote: Constant Net connection for DRM is dumb. Not as dumb as "3 installs and thats it", I suppose, but still dumb. There is no justification that qualifies it.
Personally, I'll probably always play on bnet, so I'm not worried about having to be online, but I definitely get why that bothers people.
eharper256 wrote: But the fact you can't even pause or stay idle? What if the phone rings? A friend suddenly drops round? I lose all my progress because of real-life? That's just criminal.
Well, you can't pause, but you can use a town portal, which is essentially the same thing. Also, your progress gets saved through regular checkpoints, so even if you quit the game in the middle of something, you won't lose much.
eharper256 wrote: And that, on top of Origin (which I've already boycotted) basically absolutely ensures no buy for me.
Just to clarify, Battle.net and Origin are different entities. I think you were just implying you don't like them both for similar reasons, but that wasn't clear from your comment.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!

User avatar
Darklord
Posts: 2001
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 pm
Location: England

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Darklord » Tue May 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Billick wrote: Well, you can't pause, but you can use a town portal, which is essentially the same thing. Also, your progress gets saved through regular checkpoints, so even if you quit the game in the middle of something, you won't lose much.
When my wife comes in the room she doesn't really want to wait till I've finished killing the current enemies, grabbed the loot and used a town portal before she can talk to me! :shock:

I could see this game causing matrimonial difficulties! :lol:

What happens if you alt+tab out of the game? Wouldn't that pause it? (most games freeze when you do that)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...

User avatar
Billick
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Billick » Tue May 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Darklord wrote:
Billick wrote: Well, you can't pause, but you can use a town portal, which is essentially the same thing. Also, your progress gets saved through regular checkpoints, so even if you quit the game in the middle of something, you won't lose much.
When my wife comes in the room she doesn't really want to wait till I've finished killing the current enemies, grabbed the loot and used a town portal before she can talk to me! :shock:

I could see this game causing matrimonial difficulties! :lol:

What happens if you alt+tab out of the game? Wouldn't that pause it? (most games freeze when you do that)

Daniel.
Okay, I see your point there. I guess I'm spoiled a bit that my gf is a gamer too, so she gets the whole "hang on one second so I don't die" thing. :D
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!

Post Reply