Diablo 3

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
seebs

Re: Diablo 3

Post by seebs »

Darklord wrote:I've been playing HOMM6 recently and that dispite being a single player game also requires an always connected internet, unfortunately I seem to drop out 2-3 times a session causing me to replay sections... :evil:

Daniel.
There is a reason I haven't bought anything made by Ubisoft for any platform ever since their announcement of always-on-DRM.

If I want to be treated like a thief, I'll go to a local store, pick something up, and try to walk out without paying for it. The rest of the time, I'd rather people not punish me because they think someone somewhere is ripping them off.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

It is annoying, I wonder if my router is on it's way out, I only replaced it 6-10 months ago though! (and it was fine until a month or so ago)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Thels

Post by Thels »

PSY wrote:
Thels wrote:Nightmare can be played decently with gear you find. And for all the slots where you simply don't find any good stuff, you just need to craft yourself something.
OK, you may be right, but try hell or even inferno :)

I'm doing the hell level with my witch atm, and the blue and yellow packs are giving me a hard time, even with decent gear...couldn't think of playing that difficulty level without auction house equip ^^

PSY
It also matters if you play solo or with a group of friends, especially when playing different classes, as you can share interesting drops with each other, raising the number of quality drops.
PSY

Post by PSY »

Right
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Have really been enjoying the game so far. Got a Barbarian in Inferno. Have also started a Witch Doctor, currently in Act 2 on Normal difficulty. Loved the previous Diablo games and am glad to see they kept what worked and improved things they felt could be done better.

Art style is rather different than the previous games, but it looks good in its own way, so I can live with that.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Thels wrote:Nope.
SpoilerShow
The act 2 boss is really huge, and you're basically walking around on a small platform around his waist, while his arms are also all over the place. He occasionally swings an arm at you. Easy to dodge, but I constantly clicked somewhere that was considered to be part of him, making me continue shooting.
This was exactly the cause of my one death playing through Normal. Instead of moving out of his crap I'd take a slooow swing with my two-handed weapon.