Diablo 3

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
PSY

Re: Diablo 3

Post by PSY »

Darklord wrote:Does anyone know if it has decent quests, or is it just click, click, click on someone with a bubble above their head, then run to dungeon click, click, click, loot everywhere? :(

Daniel.
There are also some nice events you might like :)
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
earthyearth

Post by earthyearth »

Darklord wrote:Does anyone know if it has decent quests, or is it just click, click, click on someone with a bubble above their head, then run to dungeon click, click, click, loot everywhere? :(

Daniel.
You can check the Diablo 3 Walkthrorugh to get an idea of what the quests are like
Cadmus

Post by Cadmus »

The high fantasy anime wuxia look all these games have of late is reeeally getting old and boring.

I prefer Grimrock. It's refreshing that way.
Mychaelh

Post by Mychaelh »

Never really got in Diablo 1 back in the days. Was to boring right from the start. With Diablo the 'age of decay' in CRPG-world started...
t0tem

Post by t0tem »

Cadmus wrote:The high fantasy anime wuxia look all these games have of late is reeeally getting old and boring.
Hear hear!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Ugh, I wasn't even keeping up to date on D3 until this thread enlightened me; since D2 was nowhere near as inspiring as D1, and I mostly lost interest. But now?

Constant Net connection for DRM is dumb. Not as dumb as "3 installs and thats it", I suppose, but still dumb. There is no justification that qualifies it. But the fact you can't even pause or stay idle? What if the phone rings? A friend suddenly drops round? I lose all my progress because of real-life? That's just criminal. And that, on top of Origin (which I've already boycotted) basically absolutely ensures no buy for me.

Frankly, if Blizzard and EA keep going down this dark road, they deserve all the piracy that they can get. Games should never punish you for BEING A LEGITAMATE BUYER. <headdesk>
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?!?"
http://detarame.wordpress.com/ <= My games, anime and weirdness blog
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

eharper256 wrote:Constant Net connection for DRM is dumb.
I don't like that either...
eharper256 wrote:But the fact you can't even pause or stay idle? What if the phone rings? A friend suddenly drops round? I lose all my progress because of real-life?
You can't pause the game?! That is crazy... I don't think I'll be buying this game.

Ah well, hopefully we'll get to start making LoG custom dungeons by then anyhow. :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Billick

Post by Billick »

eharper256 wrote: Constant Net connection for DRM is dumb. Not as dumb as "3 installs and thats it", I suppose, but still dumb. There is no justification that qualifies it.
Personally, I'll probably always play on bnet, so I'm not worried about having to be online, but I definitely get why that bothers people.
eharper256 wrote: But the fact you can't even pause or stay idle? What if the phone rings? A friend suddenly drops round? I lose all my progress because of real-life? That's just criminal.
Well, you can't pause, but you can use a town portal, which is essentially the same thing. Also, your progress gets saved through regular checkpoints, so even if you quit the game in the middle of something, you won't lose much.
eharper256 wrote: And that, on top of Origin (which I've already boycotted) basically absolutely ensures no buy for me.
Just to clarify, Battle.net and Origin are different entities. I think you were just implying you don't like them both for similar reasons, but that wasn't clear from your comment.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Billick wrote: Well, you can't pause, but you can use a town portal, which is essentially the same thing. Also, your progress gets saved through regular checkpoints, so even if you quit the game in the middle of something, you won't lose much.
When my wife comes in the room she doesn't really want to wait till I've finished killing the current enemies, grabbed the loot and used a town portal before she can talk to me! :shock:

I could see this game causing matrimonial difficulties! :lol:

What happens if you alt+tab out of the game? Wouldn't that pause it? (most games freeze when you do that)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Billick

Post by Billick »

Darklord wrote:
Billick wrote: Well, you can't pause, but you can use a town portal, which is essentially the same thing. Also, your progress gets saved through regular checkpoints, so even if you quit the game in the middle of something, you won't lose much.
When my wife comes in the room she doesn't really want to wait till I've finished killing the current enemies, grabbed the loot and used a town portal before she can talk to me! :shock:

I could see this game causing matrimonial difficulties! :lol:

What happens if you alt+tab out of the game? Wouldn't that pause it? (most games freeze when you do that)

Daniel.
Okay, I see your point there. I guess I'm spoiled a bit that my gf is a gamer too, so she gets the whole "hang on one second so I don't die" thing. :D
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!