Eye of the Beholder

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Jaknal

Eye of the Beholder

Post by Jaknal »

So I'm just wondering, and not sure if this is the right spot to be asking, if anyone has played Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep. I mean, I assume that you would have at some point to be interested in this type of gameplay mechanic, seeing as how those were the games that it was derived from. I was just interested in wondering if anyone has and how old were they when they started playing them.
t0tem

Re: Eye of the Beholder

Post by t0tem »

:) I'm gonna assume you're joking.
Jaknal

Post by Jaknal »

What do you mean?

Eye of the Beholder was i honestly believe the first game that I ever have played. We had it for the Sega CD and I remember like sitting on the ground and attempting to play it. Lol funniest thing in the world is that my dad has a picture of me holding the controller in my hand and turning around and looking at him while playing this game.

SpoilerShow
And damn at the amount of xp you get for them Fire Spirit Things. (I don't know the name of them)
t0tem

Post by t0tem »

Well in case you're serious, yes I played them all. And judging from this forum, so did most Grimrock players. Average age here seems to be about 35.
Baroque

Post by Baroque »

Yes sir, i played a good bit of Eye of the Beholder at my friends house in middle school. It was a distant memory until this game came out. Now i want to replay it.
Jaknal

Post by Jaknal »

Yeah I was being serious lol. Anyways, I'd guess that would make me probably one of the younger people on here, I'm only 21 haha. Nah i hadn't even heard about this game coming out until I watched a video of TotalBiscuit talking about this game. As soon as I saw that I went and pre-ordered it.
seebs

Post by seebs »

This game is a bit like EOTB, it's a lot more like dungeon master. Seriously, tons of the same dungeon dressings and everything.
t0tem

Post by t0tem »

It's a lot like both of them.
Jaknal

Post by Jaknal »

I mean that was the whole point of this thread. This is like the love child of that type of gameplay just with enhanced graphics and awesomeness that was then brought to the new generation. Or really the same one that would play this type of game. Haha
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

We all lub EoB, I tried to play it again a couple of years back, and it has lost its shine as we be spoiled as the years pass, but it felt just like this at the time. I remember EoB to have slightly better fight mechanics, like you did not have to dance like a bitch, till the last level, at the worse on most levels you could back away shooting. LoG puzzles are better.

Heaps of these threads in this forum, lol.
Last edited by Spathi on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.