What Game(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Sir Tawmis

Re: What Game(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Post by Sir Tawmis »

andyroosta wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 am
Sir Tawmis wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 am
andyroosta wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:07 am I've played the first one, but prefer the second. There seems to be fewer battles and more exploration than the first, which i prefer.
Interesting! Let me know when you finish Pillars of Eternity II (in this thread), I'd like to discuss it more, but I don't want to mention any spoilers.
Will do..i like the setting in POE2 and the voice acting is really good (apart from the 'dodgy' English accents in some places).
There's a lot of aspects I really enjoyed about POE2 (have you "discovered" any islands yet? That allow you to do something specific... You will know what I mean if you've found one). :)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Sir Tawmis wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:27 pm
andyroosta wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 am
Sir Tawmis wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 am
Interesting! Let me know when you finish Pillars of Eternity II (in this thread), I'd like to discuss it more, but I don't want to mention any spoilers.
Will do..i like the setting in POE2 and the voice acting is really good (apart from the 'dodgy' English accents in some places).
There's a lot of aspects I really enjoyed about POE2 (have you "discovered" any islands yet? That allow you to do something specific... You will know what I mean if you've found one). :)
Sounds intriguing..i've visited a couple of islands so far and completed the first pirate quest, ousting Benwith so i've a long way to go. Hope i don't get sidetracked by other games (No Man's Sky)...lol..which games are you playing at the mo'?
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

andyroosta wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:40 pm Sounds intriguing..i've visited a couple of islands so far and completed the first pirate quest, ousting Benwith so i've a long way to go. Hope i don't get sidetracked by other games (No Man's Sky)...lol..which games are you playing at the mo'?
I recommend doing every side quest you find. :) The lore and such is some of the best things about POE! :D

I was playing Bard's Tale IV (but had a bad experience with the game play, so I yanked that out), and returned to Soul Calibur VI on the XBOX One - doing the custom character storyline, which is proving to be quite fun. (I love the Soul Edge/Soul Calibur series). I have a few other games that I am playing on the console (the latest Marvel Lego one, among a few others - but not very frequently). I've been playing Mass Effect IV since it came out (and that's been awhile now!) - off and on - but it's lacking something. The other Mass Effect games had me so sucked in that I'd rush home and play it till I passed out, and rinse and repeat, till I had it beat in 3 to 7 days. This one is going on a year and some change now, I think?
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
eon

Post by eon »

Destiny 2 is free till Nov. 18th.
https://www.destinythegame.com/
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

eon wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:41 pm Destiny 2 is free till Nov. 18th.
https://www.destinythegame.com/
Excellent, picked this up as well. I've not played the first one, but a friend was at BlizzCon and told me about Destiny 2 being free, so I said, "Why not?" And logged into my BattleNet account and grabbed it.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Ormph. Gotten to the Custom Character Storyline where it requires patience and a lot of skill to defeat the enemies they're tossing your way. Had to put down the controller and walk away from it for a few days!
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

So I just finished Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition). It's an excellent game, similar to Bard's Tale 4 except much more polished, amazingly optimized, it's from an overhead view (and your can rotate the camera angle), and even though combat is turn-based, it's not grid-based, so you have a lot more freedom and options. There are also plenty of puzzles, but most of them are more organic (figuring out quests) rather than moving blocks and such.

The game is very in-depth, so it can take a long time to learn it and you'll be confused and lots of the time, and will likely spend hours looking online to see what spells and skills are available (as you level and plan your characters), and figuring out how to craft things. However, that's also the strength of this game (the amount of options). Also, you may end up spending hours just sorting through your inventories, comparing items, deciding what to sell and what to keep and so forth, and then visiting multiple shops in different areas to find see if they have any amazing gear drops...

Anyway, I'll probably start Divinity: Original Sin 2 next...