Happy 125th Birthday to J.R.R. Tolkien.

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Sir Tawmis

Happy 125th Birthday to J.R.R. Tolkien.

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Happy 125th Birthday to J.R.R. Tolkien... Who opened my eyes to a brand new world... and began my own journey of exploration, that I still walk, to this very day.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Isaac

Re: Happy 125th Birthday to J.R.R. Tolkien.

Post by Isaac »

And with that, I'll post this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA0OgL80msw
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

If Tolkien were alive today, he'd be Twitter/tumblr-shamed for being misogynist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, fat-phobic, ableist, racist, culturally appropriative, culturally insensitive, and lots of other things. His novels would be boycotted and there'd be a hunger strike to kick him out of university.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Isaac wrote:And with that, I'll post this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA0OgL80msw
Nice. This is really cool. I'd love to find more stuff like this from him.
Zo Kath Ra wrote:If Tolkien were alive today, he'd be Twitter/tumblr-shamed for being misogynist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, fat-phobic, ableist, racist, culturally appropriative, culturally insensitive, and lots of other things. His novels would be boycotted and there'd be a hunger strike to kick him out of university.
I'm sure. Like the people who now claim that song "It's Cold Outside" is a rape song. :roll:
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:If Tolkien were alive today, he'd be Twitter/tumblr-shamed for being misogynist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, fat-phobic, ableist, racist, culturally appropriative, culturally insensitive, and lots of other things. His novels would be boycotted and there'd be a hunger strike to kick him out of university.
It shows how messed up the world has become in just a few decades.
Sir Tawmis wrote:I'm sure. Like the people who now claim that song "It's Cold Outside" is a rape song. :roll:
Those are the people whose [swj] knee-jerk reaction to the song lyrics is that the man is manipulating the woman, and seemingly getting away with it (the nerve and audacity of the pig too), when it's nothing of the sort. It's enjoyment of pretext; two adults playing a harmless cat & mouse game where both want to be caught. In our modern age, what passes for adult [in some places] has lost even the ability to perceive such as this.
Always it's like the newly literate reading a figurative passage, and they mistakingly take it literally. :(